I'm afraid I may have misled you with my reply -- I should not have
inplied that Apache can convert a mixed case file name to all upper or
lower, I really meant to speak hypothetically -- if something else
converted the file name to all upper or lower case (or if something was
built into Apache to do this), this would be an appropriate user
friendly approach.

I don't know that Apache, in its present incarnation, can do anything
along these lines.  (But, I don't know that it can't, either.)

Sorry for not being more clear,
Randy Kramer