Em Segunda, 14 de Janeiro de 2002 14:51, escreveste:
> On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, David wrote:
>
> Sorry to say this but, this is ONE of the Epson Scanners that *do not*
> work (for now) on Linux!
>
> I've search a lot... all recent models work except.... 1650!
>
> I almost bought one on seasons sale... great price!
>
> Ricardo Castanho
>
> >On Sunday 13 January 2002 02:47, you wrote:
> >hi
> >goto the Epson website there is lots of info there on getting the Epson
> >scanners working under linux
> >
> >> OK, I thought this was going to be an easy one.  Apparently I was wrong.
> >>  I have an Epson Perfection 1650 USB scanner chosen partially because it
> >> is supported by SANE under Linux. I am running Mandrake 8.1 which has
> >> USB support.  But the scanner does not show up in /dev/usb, though
> >> usbview shows it as present.  And, of course, it doesn't show up ---
> >> nothing does --- in sane-find-scanner run as root.

Excuse me for entering this question but David is right. I have a Epson
Perfection 1650 that works pretty well. The 1250 is really out of question.
You need to configure better your scanner Ricardo, and follow the
instructions in the Epson site. It works very well i repeat
Antonio Botelho de Sousa
Portugal