you may also need to add yourself to the floppy group (if you aren't
logging in as 'root', depending on how you are setup.  By default (in
certain security levels), users do not have permission to use the floppy or
the cdrom.

This can easily be accomplished via linuxconf, or any of a number of other
gui based system configuration tools.

Michael

--
Michael Viron