s wrote:

> On Wednesday 16 January 2002 01:26 pm, you wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Thanks for the help and the replies.
> >
> > This just shows how ignorant I am. What do I have to do to access or write
> > in the words: /mnt/floppy/<name of file> ? I apologize for asking such a
> > basic thing ahead of time.
> > Respectfully,
> > thmswldmn
>
> don't worry about it, as long as it looks like you're interested in learning,
> someone will always answer.  They mean type it in at a terminal, kinda
> similar in appearance to the dos prompt in windows.  Usually by default there
> is a little icon that looks a little like a little monitor screen in your
> panel, that's the link to a terminal/console.  In there you will find a whole
> new world.   :-)
> -s

I think you are trying to save from each program but don't
no how to go to the parent directory from your home
directory... am i right?

Look for a directory called ".." <- two full stops. Double
click on this and you will be in the "/home" directory.
Double click on it again and you will be in the "/" root
directory on top of the "tree". "/mnt" should then be
visible and you are home and hosed.

By the way some programs want you to select the directory
then press a "filter" button.

Hope this helps.

Michael