>How about KyLix from Borland?  it's pretty good and almost fully
>source-compatible with the Win version.

It is my understanding the C++ Builder will have a Linux version out
sometime later this year... maybe next... You can actually download a basic
Kylix version for free from the web. I did but do not have it installed
(not a OP guy). It will be interesting to see if Borland offers a similar
basic free package. If you want to play under windows and see if OP is
something you wish to play with... You can download the free basic Delphi
development tool as well.

GL and have fun!
Joe