Hi,
        After finally getting my desktop, winmodem, network printer and network
sharing all working; I somehow managed to screw it up.
        I can't login to my original user account. Crash handler reports
nspluginscan, ksplash and ksmserver crash and I get kicked to the login
screen.

        I created a new user in hopes that I would just transfer my important files
and settings over until I could find the bug, but when I login my new user it
just immediately kicks out to the login screen.

        Only the root account will log in and allow access. I have made countless
changes to the original LM8.1 installation so I would like to remedy this
without an re-install.

        Oh, I also did an 'update' from the install disk, with no new settings
checked (basically nothing new) but that did not remedy the situation.

Any ideas? If you require log files I can easily access through the root
account.

Thanks,
Bill W.