What do you can in your .xsession-errors files for your bad users?

How's about your Xfree log file, messages and syslog? Any clues in there?

        -----Original Message-----
        From:   Bill Winegarden [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Saturday, January 19, 2002 12:19 AM
        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject:        [newbie] I lost my user accounts

        Hi,
                After finally getting my desktop, winmodem, network printer
and network
        sharing all working; I somehow managed to screw it up.
                I can't login to my original user account. Crash handler
reports
        nspluginscan, ksplash and ksmserver crash and I get kicked to the
login
        screen.

                I created a new user in hopes that I would just transfer my
important files
        and settings over until I could find the bug, but when I login my
new user it
        just immediately kicks out to the login screen.

                Only the root account will log in and allow access. I have
made countless
        changes to the original LM8.1 installation so I would like to remedy
this
        without an re-install.

                Oh, I also did an 'update' from the install disk, with no
new settings
        checked (basically nothing new) but that did not remedy the
situation.

        Any ideas? If you require log files I can easily access through the
root
        account.

        Thanks,
        Bill W.
         << File: message.footer >>

This email and any files sent with it are intended only for the named
recipient. If you are not the named recipient please telephone/email
the sender immediately. You should not disclose the content or
take/retain/distribute any copies.

Norwich Union Life & Pensions Limited
Registered Office 2 Rougier Street
York YO90 1UU
Registered in England Number 3253947
A member of the Norwich Union Marketing Group
which is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.
Member of the Association of British Insurers.

For further Enquires 01603 622200