On Friday 18 January 2002 03:29 pm, you wrote:

> > > Thanks Mario,
> > >
> > > I still have the old Windows box to resort to w/Win98, but I
> > > was hoping for an Opera or Konq solution.  I'm weaning myself
> > > off of MS one step at a time.
> > >
> > > Lee
> >
> > Hello Lee,
> > Netscape runs pretty well under linux as well, the scroll wheel
> > if you have one on your mouse requires a seperate config file for
> > netscape, but otherwise it's ok. You will find netscape on the
> > MDK cd's, i.e. if it isn't already installed on your machine.
> >
> > To even suggest the use of MS is sacriledge for me :o)
> >
> > Thank You,
> > Regards,
> > mario
>
> Thanks again, Mario
>
> I hadn't tried Netscape for several years until a minute ago.  I
> was just getting used to the clunky action of Konq and Opera under
> Linux.  Imagine my surprise when things took off with a blur.
> Seems like I've been missing something.
>
> Now, off to ebay!
>
> Lee

Strange, I haven't had any problems with Opera under Linux..... been
using it for ebay all the time.......... loads fast and runs
flawlessly for me. I like that I can switch to my other computer and
run Opera on it......win98 box...... and it has a similar feel.....
It  is also helping me convert my wife over to linux...... she didn't
even know she was running a "Linux" computer till she shut the
browser down :) I really like how Opera 6.0 handles downloads and
handles multiple windows.

Thats the great thing about linux though...... all the choices that
you have........ :)
--
Dave Crouse
Running Mandrake 8.1