On Wednesday 23 January 2002 15:29, you spoke unto me thusly:

> > from what i read, it only affects machines which use AGP. and whose
> > kernals are compiled to pentium or better type cpu's. the bug occurs
> > becoz the athlon / duron processors have a bug when dealing with
> > extended paging in conjunction with AGP. You can read more about it as
> > well as find a quick fix to the problem here:
> > http://www.gentoo.org/
>
> Sorry if this is a stupid question, but would this affect an XP1800?

actually, a good question

yes i think it would, all the 500 (i think) and higher cpus are duron/athlon.
 i think that the "xp" is a naming convention only and is not actually a
different processor.  this is only my understanding though, i haven't
followed hardware too close in the last year or so...

does anyone else know if the "xp" cpus are affected?

--
"If Microsoft is innovative in any area, it is in creating new forms of
intimidation."  - Ralph Nader

shane
registered linux user #101606 @ http://counter.li.org/
http://www.mystic-light.net/personal/