-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of FLYNN, Steve
Sent: 27 January 2002 20:35
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [newbie] installing 8.1

Upon boot-up, when the BIOS messages are being displayed, there are normally
messages informing you of the CPU speed, the type of processor detect, the
amount of detect RAM and so forth. What type of processor is detected? A
Pentium II hopefully.

Also, how much ram is installed in this laptop - you really want 32+ meg,
and ideally 64 or 128 if you wish to use some of the prettier window
managers.

I'm afraid we're going to be telling you that you should take the package
back to the shop and obtain a refund! :(