You could try a network install.
If you have a broadband connection you can create a boot disc and then boot
from an ftp site.  The boot disc will try to get your Ethernet interface
working, and then ask you for an ftp address to load from.
Here is one you might try
ftp://ftp.nl.uu.net/pub/linux/mandrake/8.1/i586/Mandrake/RPMS
(you might only need ftp://ftp.nl.uu.net/pub/linux/mandrake/8.1/i586   )

Instructions can be found on the boot CD in the file  install.htm

Never tried it myself, and it will be ssllooww

derek