I've seen servers that have uptime measured in a few hundred days with no
problems at all (I've personally admined one that was up for almost 3
months before we had downtime due to a power outage).  About the only time
that you should have to reboot (or shutdown) the system is either when you
upgrade hardware or update the kernel.  Other than that, there isn't a need
to.

Michael

--
Michael Viron