FWIW, I have one RedHat 6 server only machine that runs mostly as a pop and
web server that only gets rebooted when we clean it every 6 months or
so....  Of course I monitor the memory and disk usage on a regular
basis.  But the wonderful thing about the os is that it has none of those
inherent memory leaks that seems to continue to plague Microsoft products......

Ed

At 09:34 PM Tuesday, 1/29/2002, Jesse Angell wrote -=>
>I run a linux server, that hosts multiple chat servers. I used to do this
>on Windows 2000 and required a reboot at least once a week. I am curious
>now that I've switched to Mandrake Linux 8.1 how often should I reboot to
>clear things out to avoid unwanted down times, here is my uptime information
>10:30pm  up 12 days,  2:01,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
>If I know how often It needs to rebooted I could setup a script to do it
>and tell my customers that its down every blah blah time for a blah blah
>amount of time... ?? Any ideas?

Ed Kasky
Los Angeles, CA
"When you reach the crossroads, take it."  - Yogi Berra