Jim Dawson wrote:

> Here's what I get when I run 'ogle' in a bash shell:
>
> Note[ogle_ctrl]: ogle 0.8.2
> Debug[ogle_ctrl]: Started /usr/lib/ogle/ogle_gui with pid 7817
> Debug[ogle_ctrl]: Started /usr/lib/ogle/ogle_nav with pid 7818
> Debug[ogle_ctrl]: Started /usr/lib/ogle/ogle_mpeg_ps with pid 7819
> Debug[ogle_ctrl]: Started /usr/lib/ogle/ogle_vout with pid 7820
>
> {Here's where I open the DVD in the GUI console...}
>
> libdvdcss error: failed opening device
> libdvdread: Can't open /dev/dvd for reading.
> vm: faild to open/read the DVD
> Debug[ogle_ctrl]: child: 7818 exited with 1
> Debug[ogle_ctrl]: pid: 7818 exited with status: 1
> Debug[ogle_ctrl]: child: 7820 killed
> Debug[ogle_ctrl]: pid: 7820 terminated on signal: 2
> Debug[ogle_ctrl]: child: 7819 killed
> Debug[ogle_ctrl]: pid: 7819 terminated on signal: 2
> Debug[ogle_ctrl]: child: 7817 killed
> Debug[ogle_ctrl]: pid: 7817 terminated on signal: 2
> Debug[ogle_ctrl]: removing shmid: 187072532
> Note[ogle_ctrl]: exiting
>
> Typing 'ogle -u cli /dev/cdrom' works just fine, but I don't get the GUI
> console.

Make sure you copy /usr/share/ogle/oglerc to your home directory and rename it
to .oglerc - edit this file, you will find a path statement pointing to
/dev/dvd - change it to your setup (looks like /dev/cdrom).

I had to do this with mine. I had to change the path to /dev/scd0. Another
solution would be to symlink it:

ln -s /dev/cdrom /dev/dvd

I think...(somebody jump in here and please correct me if the syntax is wrong
- thanks!)

Hope this helps. ;-)

--

                                                                       /\