-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [newbie] Word processing on IBM Aptiva 2168.
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 21:28:13 +0100
From: Kaj Haulrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Michel Clasquin wrote:

> On Thursday 31 January 2002 23:30, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> > > Brian Durant wrote:
> > >
> > >  <snip>

> > >  <snip>
> >
> > Brian, I don't recall seeing any GNU word-processor (ABI, KWord) with
> > built-in spell checking for danish.
>
> My version of Kword (d/led from cooker 2 days ago) can be set to use
> either aspell or ispell, and Danish is available for both. How good the
> dictionaries are I have no way of judging, but they are right here on my
> system. You'll also need to install the danish locales rpm.
> --
> Michel Clasquin, D Litt et Phil (Unisa)
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]/unisa.ac.za   http://www.geocities.com/clasqm

Thanks Michel, I didn't know that (either ;-)). Perhaps I should have
mentioned to Brian another reason for my choice of Star Office : My wife
"owns" the first partition on my hard disk (hda1) for her windows-stuff,
because she refuses to know the first thing about computers. But
nevertheless she uses Star Office for windows (it's on the same CD as
well). This means that the rest of the family (all linuxer's) can acces
stuff on her windows-partion (i.e. spreadsheets, letters etc..) so we
all have acces to some common files on hda1. But not vice-versa. That
way she can't - even accidentially - destroy anything on our
linux-partitions. This setup has proven itself very handy when windows
crashes (which happens every now and then), 'cause we use a
linux-partition for backups. Everyone's happy.

Kaj Haulrich