On Friday 01 February 2002 23:49, you spoke unto me thusly:

> Hi All,
> Does anyone know if Star Office comes in RPM format ?

i doubt it, but ya never know

> if not, then would someone please tell me ( in steps) how to install it ?

well the simple way is to download it, open it with archiver (assuming you
use kde you can right click and simply choose archiver from the pop-up) then
extract it (kinda like using winzip, fairly self explanitory, but if not
repost with new questions) change to the directory where you extracted to,
and run the setup executable.

having said that, you might prefer open office, most people so far have.  it
is based on the same code but new and improved over star 5.2.  if you have
the beta staroffice 6, you basically have openoffice.

and don't be scared off by the "beta" part.  that just means it will run
about like microsoft releaseware.  ;-)

> I'm a newbie ( as I'm still posting here in this list :-) )

hey i post here and i have been using mandrake since 7.1 came out all fresh
and new.  guess some of us just know how little we actually know.       ;-)

i usually learn things here too.

--
"The linux philosophy is laugh in the face of danger. Oops. Wrong one. 'Do it
yourself.' That's it."  -L. Torvalds

shane
registered linux user @ http://counter.li.org/
http://shentzu.home.mindspring.com/