Hi - I just installed mandrake 7.1 on a new box.  I am trying to
duplicate a box that died last week and reusing the same server
name and IP address.  But I clearly have something set wrong.  I
can see this new box from the network and I can telnet and ftp
in to it, but I can't get out to the network when I'm on it.
I have a PC plugged in to the same subnet, and I used the same
subnet mask on the linux box that is used for the PC.  but on
the PC I have a default gateway, I put this in as the default
gateway on the linux box as well.  I guess I'm missing the
broadcast address?  any ideas on how I would determine what
that should be?

thanks -
Ebeth Jones