Elizabeth Jones wrote:

> Hi - I just installed mandrake 7.1 on a new box.  I am trying to
> duplicate a box that died last week and reusing the same server
> name and IP address.  But I clearly have something set wrong.  I
> can see this new box from the network and I can telnet and ftp
> in to it, but I can't get out to the network when I'm on it.
> I have a PC plugged in to the same subnet, and I used the same
> subnet mask on the linux box that is used for the PC.  but on
> the PC I have a default gateway, I put this in as the default
> gateway on the linux box as well.  I guess I'm missing the
> broadcast address?  any ideas on how I would determine what
> that should be?
>
> thanks -
> Ebeth Jones

> Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Ummm, maybe you could tell us a bit more about your network/internet
connection?

/etc/sysconfig/network and /etc/resolv.conf contents would also be helpful

You can put them to a file by
putting in a floppy disk (dos formatted)

cat /etc/resolv.conf > somefilename
cat /etc/sysconfig/network >> samefilename
cp somefilename /mnt/floppy

then you can send us the info by copying it to your windows machine and
pasting it into your email.

Civileme