I've downloaded & installed Ximian's Gnome product.  Before that I used some
default Gnome that came with the mandrake installs CD's.  Both times, I've had
the problem where it (Gnome) for some reason cannot find my "host" address.  It
seems any other Window Manager works fine.  Gnome even connects to the Net (at
least LICQ & Gicq do).  But when i load the Gnome desktop, it complains it
cannot find:

nightshade.telusplanet.net

Yet any other WM is fine with that address.  I am at a loss for an answer.  Is
this a common issue with Gnome?

Help?

Thx. Femme