I'm really a newbie.  I have just started in Mandrake so I'm the last person to ask at this time.    Sorry.  I'm just not there yet.

  David Stevenson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi All,

I have just installed the MDK 8.0 intimed RPM package. The server is in a trusted zone, as certain places on web suggest it has flaws. Anyway, having installed it, how do you set it up, Searching on web no one explains what to do next. If I use webmin on a remote box and tell it to sync the local time with the server, I just get an error that port 37 was not responding. I think I may have to edit /etc/services and or /etc/xinetd.conf but I am not sure what to add. I tried entering the following, but nothing changed:

service time
{
socket_type = stream
protocol = tcp
wait = no
server = /usr/sbin/in.timed
user = root (tried without this line as well)
}

Any suggestions would be great!

TIA
Dave