>Is there a LinuxMandrake for a MAc computer  I have a Mac  LC3 that was
>given to me and I would like to load Linux on it  I dont know much about
> but it does work  Can any one help

There is a Mandrake Linux for PPC, as well as Yellow Dog Linux.
Unfortunately, they are all for New World machines, i.e. iMac, iBook, g3
tower, etc. Mandrake Linux is the only one that has shown an interest in
backward compatibility, but they are only trying to support PPC machines
NuBus and older are out in the cold. There was an MkLinux that project
that Apple was supporting, but I think that Apple has closed the project
since Jobs came back.

IMHO, this is an area that is unfortunately neglected by Linux
developers. There are a lot of frustrated Apple owners out there that no
longer have an upgrade path since Jobs returned. This includes clone
owners, like myself (UMAX Pulsar - Euro S900). In the Intel world, you
can get Linux running on something as old as a 386 with no problems, as
there are a plethora of various Linux flavors. END RANT ;-)

I hope you have some luck, but to frank, I doubt it. That is why I am
migrating to Linux on a new PC system!

Cheers,

Brian