Hello all !
What is the best way to make a firewall for a desktop station ? There
aren't any servers running on my computer.
Right after installing mdk8.1 I ran the control center and set the
firewall answering the questions. Some time ago I decided to explore the
BastilleInteractive options (I was curious) and left almost all the
items set with the default options. I think it didn't make much
difference for me and I have the same settings I had with the control
center's firewall, but there is a doubt: how can I make sure that my
firewall is running ? I don't see any process called Bastille or
iptables with ps -ax, I only see a message during the boot process,
"initializing Bastille Firewall [OK]".
Another question, are all the standard firewall that come with mdk8.1
dependant on Bastille or I can disable Bastille at start-up ?
Thanks,

Rodrigo