JL Conradie wrote:

> Hi
>

> I'm running the bastille-firewall included with mandrake 8.1. I use
> the InteractiveBastille command to configure it. When I configure it,
> it asks which interface is the public interface and what services to
> block from this interface, but then it also blocks the services from
> the other interface( not specified as public interfaces). I also
> wondered if anyone could tell me what ports do i have to allow
> connections to, to enable connections to webmin.
>

> thanks for your help in advance!

port 10000

Well if you want to add more ports on the local side (and it is VERY
conservative on that side) edit /etc/Bastille/bastille-firewall.cfg

# Please make sure variable assignments are on single lines; do NOT
# use the "\" continuation character (so Bastille can change the
# values if it is run more than once)
TCP_PUBLIC_SERVICES=""
UDP_PUBLIC_SERVICES=""
TCP_INTERNAL_SERVICES=""
UDP_INTERNAL_SERVICES=""

There for example if you wanted internal services  wide open

TCP_INTERNAL_SERVICES="15:65535"

And still some will be blocked later in the script.

You can enter individual ports separated by commas and groups of
consecutive ports by colons, but be careful to keep it on one line.

Now with all that said, I DID see an opportunity to open local ports in
the interactive dialogue while I was running it to set this up. Tiny
Firewall does not give you that opportunity and is useful perhaps only
for computers which do no NAT and do not offer any files by SAMBA or nfs
or appletalk.

Civileme