Greetings all,

I recently loaded Mandrake 8.1 and I need help in configuring my system to
printer share, file share, and internet connection share, over my Linksys
10/100 network. My hardware is: celeron 700Mhz, intel 810 chipset, 512Meg ram.

The other box on my network contains a cyrix 120 Mhz, 84Meg ram. This machine
runs extremely slow with linux, compared to the prior win95 os. Any thoughts
on speeding things up would be helpful too.

So far, my attempts at getting the network running seem to cause IP
conflicts, eth0 failure, and dhcpd failure, along with many other
questionable sys log entries that may go away when I get things configured
right.

My prior experience is with windows gui only. Though I want to and am working
toward learning terminal entry, I'm not at all proficient at it yet. It seems
that the only thing I am getting really good at is reloading the operating
system! So gui based instructions or well spelled out terminal entry would be
most helpful.

Thank you for your help, Jeff