On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 19:05:09 +0000
"Damian G" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hi everyone, i've got a new one. ;o)
>
> i've been borrowed a cd-rw, so when i add it to my PC it's recognised OK
> and i can mount cd's on it, as /dev/hdd .
to use the CD you need SCSI emulation (this is when you make your programs
thin you have a SCSI drive instead of an IDE one). to make SCSI emulation
work you need to send an argument to the kernel. just login as root and
edit the /etc/lilo.conf file mcedit /etc/lil.conf
each kernel image should have an entry called append which usualy looks
like this append=" devfs=mount"
add hdd=ide-scsi to it so it would look like this
append=" devfs=mount hdd=ide-scsi"
then run lilo to activate these changes
lilo

reboot your machine, and its working.

but note that the device you should use for accessing the drive is
/dev/scd0 thats the first scsi CD

gcombust can detect the drive for itself.

and you should write on CDRs when they are not mounted.

cheers,
Alaa