On Thu, 14 Feb 2002 10:18:05 -0500, "Anuerin G.  Diaz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 07:21:54 -0000
> Nick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> revealed these words to me:
>
> > Trying to upgrade my version of Gnome to the latest from
> > www.ximian.com/download with the suggested method of lynx - blah, blah, etc,
> > etc. It works OK but my ISP disconnects me every two hours so I keep having
> > to resume all the time. Can this be downloaded from anywhere else in an RPM
> > format as I could then use the GETRIGHT download manager from my stupid ME
> > partition to complete the download (sorry Guys, haven't found anything else
> > as good as GETRIGHT for Linux yet!)........
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> getright? hmmnnn. have you tried Downloader4X (nt or netthief) or
> prozilla/prozgui? i think they can do what you expect from a downloader. then
> there is GetLeft and KMago but i have not tried those (im happy with nt and
> prozgui as of yet).
>
> ciao!

Downloader for X is a great downloader. GNOME Transfer Manager (GTM) and
Prozilla are pretty good too.

To download the RPMs, look for a Ximian FTP mirror. The main one is at
ftp://ftp.ximian.com/pub/ximian-gnome/.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

"Anyone who says you can have a lot of widely dispersed people hack away on a
complicated piece of code and avoid total anarchy has never managed a software
project." -- Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 1992, writing to Linus Torvalds.