I'm a bit confused with the iptables installation in the MDK 8.1...
There is in the /etc/sysconfig/ a rather cryptic iptables file called in the
start up process.
When trying to by-pass the call to the file for a self made file the call to
iptabes commands.
The commands give error codes requesting to do a modprob of the module first
?

Am i missing a point, or is it just a PATH problem ?

What is the best way to introduce my own rules in the iptables w/o having to
learn the syntax of the file invoked per default ?

Tx,

Thomas,

--
Thomas SMETS