Title: RE: [newbie] Memory(Again)

since all four slots are 72 pin It would seem reasonable that the best choice would be to replace the two 16mb modules with 32mb SIMM EDO. SEE: http://192.216.185.10/mwave/ProdMR-MW.hmx?UID=CN%2D1121954&CID=&updepts=MR&DNAME=%3Cb%3EMemory+%2D+Mwave%3C%2Fb%3E&back=ProdMR-MW.hmx?  Current competitive prices I have seen. I am not sure but believe that with simm it is always best to upgrade in pairs. HTH  Dennis M.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Marcia
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 10:41 AM
To: Marcia
Subject: [newbie] Memory(Again)

Dear All,

Thanks very much for your input and suggestions. Since memory is inexpensive
right now I am leaning towards increasing it. I have a program that asks for
256 megs of ram. It is a SAP program. My hard drive is new anyway and it is
possible I may decide to upgrade the cpu in the future. I found old receipts
for the memory modules on my system and it is using 2 EPS-RM716E72pin EDO
memory module 16 MB and 2 EPS-RM732EDRAM 32MB SIMM MODULE EDO. I did find a
supplier for the 72 pin ED
O Simms modules. Does this mean I need to buy 2 or 4 of those and do they all
need to be the Simms modules? Your help will be greatly appreciated here,
because I will order these right away if I can find the right ones.

By the way, is it difficult to upgrade the cpu? What is the best to upgrade
it to?

Thanks very much for all of your help and suggestions.

Marcia