On Friday 15 February 2002 18:14, Walter Logeman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had this printer working ok for a few days - now it stars
> printing garbage as soon as it is no.  it does not matter what
> order I switch things on as soon as the printer is on in Linux
> it begins to print garbage.
>
> The problem is not there in XP on the other side of the dual
> boot!  Rather a let down to have to save stuff to floppies and
> re-boot to print :(
>
> I have checked through all the processes with ps -ax and killed
> anything that looked likely.  I have also used kups - which
> tells me there are no print jobs.  I have removed and
> reinstalled the printer.
>
> Now I am stuck.
>

> Walter

I have a HP Deskjet 670C which used to do that when booting into Win98 when
that was the only OS installed (for 12 months or more).  Then June last year
I installed ML8.0 and it stopped doing it when booting into win but was doing
it when booting linux.  Then in October I re-installed Win98 and installed
ML8.1 and it doesn't do it at all!  Go figure.

BTW, it first started in Win98 when the printer had to be plugged into the
parallel zip drive (and has been ever since).  Is your printer plugged into
another device?

skinky
--
oxymoron:  Microsoft Works