Paul

You were right about the memory speeds - I swapped my two mismatched 64 MB
DIMMs for a 66 MHz 128 MB, but I still got crashes. Then I looked at memory
timings - it was set to 10 ns, and I tried 'normal', 'medium' and 8 ns. Still
got crashes.
I had thought before that the problem might be my soundcard, an ESS 1868
(because of some boot messages, that I later found were normal). So in
desperation, I reserved IRQ 5 and DMA 1 for legacy devices. I have had one
crash since, but it took a lot longer to happen ... at least I know it's a
hardware problem.

Richard.

Paul, Saturday 16 February 2002 2:17 pm: