first the disclaimer, one mans theology is another mans belly laugh.  a
must have distro for me may be unusable for you, but...

the 2 highest rated distros in most of the current reviews i have found
are, you guessed it, suse and mandrake.  most place them the same, a few
give a slight edge to mandrake, one a slight edge to suse.  i am sorry i
have not bookmarked all the pages this comes from, but this was my overall
impression.

in my opinion, the downfall of suse is no simple iso download.  the only
iso files for i386 suse are "live cd."  while i really like the live cd
idea (and would like to see mandrake release one, hint hint nudge nudge to
everyone how reads this at mandrake) i also want the easy iso download for
the real install.

on the plus side, if you want to try out suse, you can do so (assuming you
machine is fairly new) directly from cd, with no haddrive modification
needed.

in short, i have 2 machines in the office, if i didn't need win2k on the
one my wife uses for work i would have one mandrake and one suse machine,
and happily pay for both.  since i can only have one, i run mandrake.

YMMV

On Sunday 17 February 2002 07:43, you spoke unto me thusly:

--
"'Windows for Dummies' is much more than a book title, it's a Microsoft way
of life!"

shane
registered linux user @ http://counter.li.org/
http://shentzu.home.mindspring.com/