Try copying one of the other *.kdeink files on your desktop to that
filename.kdeink. Then change all the details in that .kdeink icon to suit your
file. The problem is generic files like text files don't really have their own
icon. The icon is auto created for them.

--
Those who don't know, talk.  Those who don't talk, know.