Title: RE: [newbie] ext 3

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 7:48 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] ext 3

Hi girls and boys,
I recently visited Redhat website and I saw that RedHat 7.2 supports a filesytem
called ext3..which is different from the old ext2...do you know if Mandrake
8.2 will support it?? and which is the advantage in choosing one or the
other for my linux box????
Thanks anyone in advance
See ya
Maurizio

Abbonati a Tiscali!
Con Tiscali By Phone puoi anche ascoltare ed inviare email al telefono.
Chiama Tiscali By Phone all' 892 800        http://byphone.tiscali.it

Mandrake-Linux 8.1 already supports ext3fs. And 8.2 does also. Ext3 has a journaling system whereas ext2 does not, so less chance of loosing data with ext3. I am using ext3  on two boxes right now and have had no problems as far as I can tell. One power outage found my non ups'd  box rebooted and nothing lost and no files corrupted. HTH

Dennis M.