On Friday 22 February 2002 09:59, Mithrilhall2000 wrote:
> Every time I try to use the MandrakeUpdate I get errors saying it wasn't
> able to install anything.

You may be trying to download too much. Occasionally MUpd finds that
fubar-1.2-3 is available, but by the time it gets around to doing that,
after downloading everything else, dubar -1.2-4 has taken its place
already. This can then upset the whole lot of downloads and installs. It
shouldn't, but sometimes it does. Before you click Cancel on MUpd, have a
look in /var/cache/grpmi and see if (some of ) your packages are actually
there, and install them by hand. I do this every time MUpd gets a
bellyache and it has saved me a lot of re-downloads.

Otherwise, just keep trying different mirrors. For cooker purposes,
ftp.ciril.fr is pretty good at the moment, but last year I had more joy
with ftp.sunet.se

--
Michel Clasquin, D Litt et Phil (Unisa)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]/unisa.ac.za   http://www.geocities.com/clasqm

... Linux users and the women who chase them - next Oprah!