On Fri, 22 Feb 2002 04:22:36
"Hakan Duran" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> studiouisly spake these words to
ponder:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am attached to a novell network at my workplace.  My computer (P133-128
> RAM) runs Mandrake 8.1.  By prior communication with this list, I had the
> information that a program called ncpfs is used to access a novell sever.
> I downloaded the latest version from ftp.gwdg.de unzipped it and typed
> "make".   BTW, before typing "make", I enabled IPX as suggested, however,
> I started getting an error message of:
> "IPX:Network number collision 11
> eth0 Ether II and eth0802.2"
> Then the "make" gave an output like attached file.  It seems to me that
> there are a couple of "implicit decleration of function"s.
>
> Does anyone have an idea?
>
> Thanks in advance..
>
> Hakan

Hakan,

What you should do is get the ncpfs and ipx-utils from your installation
Cd's and install these two packages. once you've got them installed give me
a holler and i we can go from there.

since you're running 8.1 the rest is going to be easy. you will want to set
the IPX networking settings in linuxconf to:

        x = selected

        Enable  x  IPX networking
        Autoconfigure x primary
        Autoconfigure x interface frame types

Hit the Accept button, and then quit and then activate changes. When you're
done with this part you will want to open a terminal window and issue this
command:

        service network restart

Next you should creat at least one dir under /mnt where you'll mount the
Netware volumes.

        /mnt/nwserver

Chmod it 777 and then chown /mnt/nwserver to be owned by the user that is
going to be accessing the servers from this workstation. Probably you...

Now, you'll have to chmod ncpmount and ncpumount 4755:

        chmod 4755 /usr/bin/ncpmount
        chmod 4755 /usr/bin/ncpumount

Then, to connect to the servers you will have to issue this command:

        ncpmount -S servername /mnt/nwserver -U username -P

If all is well you'll be prompted for your password. type your password on
the command line, hit enter and if you're dropped back to an empty command
line you're done. you're now free to browse the network. If not,
meticulously document "all" the error message that you're getting and get
back to me. I've done this quite a few times and I think I could do it in my
sleep.

--
daRcmaTTeR
Registered Linux User 182496