On  Saturday 23 February 2002 00:50 am After a lifetime spent studying
flat-pack furniture assembly instructions Ralph Brown,finally published his
translation to a waiting world as :- :
> After downloading the latest kernel upgrade for my Mandrake 8.1 laptop
> install,
> I can not boot. When i do boot, i get the following;
>
> Linux Loading ...........
>
> thats it??!! Its as if grub (??) was edited and now lilo can't find
> vmlinuz?
>
> I can't use my boot floppy...i get a kernel panic error.
>
> Any suggestions on how i can boot so i can edit lilo and/or grub?
>
> thanks in advance
> Ralph
After installing your new kernel do you see an entry in Lilo/Grub something
like Linux 2417 or possibly just numbers like 2417 (I can't remember exactly
what it looks like) if so try selecting that one to boot to instead of "Linux"
--
Poogle......... Derby,England ---- Linux MDK 8.1 with
kernel 2.4.17-5 mdk using Kmail 2.1.1