Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:19:32 -0700: In attempt to throw the authorities off his
trail, FemmeFatale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> transmitted:

> I think they are called terms... when you press ctrl-alt-F*.?
>
> If i used ext3 with ML8.1 I get garbage... as in the terms won't show up
just> garbage at the top of the screen.  And it crashes my xwindow. :(  I
recorded the> error as on one of the terms (pls. correct me if that's the
wrong word!) I> believe the F11 one:

Ummm, I'm pretty sure that your filesystem type has nothing to do with screen
output in console (term) mode. That's a VGA/SVGA framebuffer issue. Perhaps
your card wasn't properly detected during setup?

Of course, if it *IS* ext3 related, how about running a different FS. Do you
really *need* a JFS? I'm still getting by with ext2, except on my file and
print server where XFS is humming along nicely.

- C