to avoid this problem, install as "expert" and check the video configuration
durring install. what video card do you use? some cards are not supported in
xfree4.0 and I would bet the "respawning to fast" is related to the video
config setup. if you have the problem after you reinstall, then we can work
thru it, but I bet if you get the video setup durring install you wont' have
no problems. just remember to not install as "recommended" and do as "expert"
and check the video config during install