You uninstalled Gnome? If that's what you did, you didn't have to.
The program should be in /usr/bin/jpilot. Try 'whereis jpilot'
As for connectivity, do you have a /dev/pilot object? JPilot will look for
the Palm there, hence the command making a link to it, and then changing the
permissions. I didn't put the commands anywhere - they just needed doing as a
one-off.
Also, when you are ready to use JPilot, it seems to need both the button in
the app and the one on the cradle pressing to work.

Richard
Dan Butler, Thursday 28 February 2002 12:49 am: