Title: RE: [newbie] domain registration

You will have to register a domain name. In doing so you would then show it in the registration as being hosted by yourself or your company and the IP addresses for your server. Sketchy answer, but just so you know that you will have to pay. Some of the registration companies out there now are not too expensive compared to the original $35 a year fees. HTH

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 7:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] domain registration

Hi guys
a question which has not much to do with mandrake....If I want to create
a website ...let's say...www.i_love_curry.com or any other name..and host
it on my PC....have I got to pay some of those registrar companies to register
the domain name or can I just set it up ??
Thanks everyone....this list is great..
Maurizio

Abbonati a Tiscali!
Con Tiscali By Phone puoi anche ascoltare ed inviare email al telefono.
Chiama Tiscali By Phone all' 892 800        http://byphone.tiscali.it