I have been using Linux for about 6 months, so I have some knowledge about how things
work.  Although I do not consider myself as an expert user. The answer is yes, I did
the floppy using "rawrite.exe". I know that both the CD:s (1 and 2) and the floppy
work because I did an install last week on an Athlon box that I have, without any
problems.
Ok, some info about this machine:
-Dell XPS 180n, a Pentium Pro machine at 180Mhz with 98 MB RAM.
-Matrox Mystique 220 4 MB RAMDAC
-Creative SB32
-HD(1) IDE IBM-DAQA-33240 (Master)
-HD (2) IDE WDC-AC31600H
That makes a total diskspace of about 4.5 GB. Both harddrives are clean, nothing on
them.  I had win98 working great, but decided to remove it, making space for Mandrake.
The filesystem on both are FAT32 right now after format.
I flashed the motherboard with the latest driver, while I had win98 and it worked
great. No problems there. My idea is to make this a Linux box  "only", so all the
space is going to Linux. I have been removing hardware to see if the install would
kick in, but no result there. I got no clue about what is wrong. Some help is needed.
/Edvard

(Kaj, I don´t mind that you posted it to the list. I thought I already had?)

Här börjar Internet!
Skaffa gratis e-mail och gratis Internet på http://www.spray.se

Anmäl ditt intresse för Spray ADSL bredband! http://www.spray.se/adsl/intresse