:)  I think you had the right idea, no need to worry too much, it is
rather like pool.

You can do all of the work you need to do in any command line
environment, that is opening up a virtual terminal (ctrl+alt+1 or 2
etc), or in a terminal window, like the ones you use in KDE, xterm,
aterm, eterm, gterm, or KDE's own konsole.

It's really up to you.  And as long as you follwow the directions, it
doesn't make a difference.

Good luck, and let me know if you have any other questions.

- paul