sorry, jumping in late... can you boot from your mandrake CD, then update
your system. that should allow you to repartition and reformat you
partitions.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Dennis Myers
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2002 5:56 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] resizing partitions mishap

On Monday 04 March 2002 13:44, you wrote:
> > Jeff, when you set up the partition did you format it? there is a button
> > on the gui to format.  If you didn't it won't see the partition as
> > usable. HTH
>
> Actually, I did think of that afterwards.  So that would be the problem
> with the swap, maybe not the new partition though.  I think I may have
> formated it.  In either case is there anyway to jump in and stop Linux
from
> mounting them so I can format them?
>
> Thanks
> Jeff
Oh man, I have not figured that out, someone with more wizdom than I needs
jump in here. I think it starts with using the first CD and hitting F1 at
the
splash screen and getting into rescue mode but after that I'm not sure what
to do. A little help here, please.
--
Dennis M. registered linux user # 180842