I searched the archive and found that many people seem to have this problem,
but I did see a good answer.  Most involved try this or that prog.  One
mentioned xpp which I tried as well.

So my problem is I can't print pdf.  I have to go to xpdf and output to
postscript and then print it.  While this works I would like to be able to
skip the extra step.

What I have tried so far:
        opened with PS and PDF viewer -> print (using CUPS, xpp, or lpr) get
client-error-bad-request msg.
        opened with Ghostview -> print (using lpr) = crash
        opened with Ghostview -> print ( using xpp) = client-error-bad-request msg.

I have a HP DeskJet 670c that prints .doc, .ps and lots of others fine.  If
anyone has some advice I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jeff