On Thu, 07 Mar 2002 14:20:05 +0200
"Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Frans Ketelaars wrote:
> >
> > The first thing I would check is if HardDrake recognizes your NIC. It should....
> It is detected under the Mandrake Control Centre (MCC) correctly.
>
> Next step?

Have you run the configuration tool in that window? In KDE there is
K -> Configuration -> Networking -> Netconf to set an IP address for your
card. Also see 'man ifconfig'. And in Mandrake Control Centre there is
Network & Internet... Oh, and I remember something about setting up
your LAN before the internet connection. HTH,

    -Frans