----- Original Message -----
From: "Ronald J. Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 2:36 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Sharing resources between linux mandrake machines and
windows

> Heather, don't know if it will help or not but this is what my /etc/hosts
file
> looks like:
>
> 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
> 192.168.0.1 darkforce.com darkforce
> 192.168.0.2 darkforce2
> 192.168.0.3 darkforce3
>
> I've got a 'Nix box with 2 Windog machines (my sons - for games mostly)
hooked
> up in a LAN.

Hi - yes, this looks interesting :-)) Can you tell me, out of the list you
have there, which is the linux, and which the windoze PCs? Can I assume that
the darkforce.com mc is linux, with the others being windoze? I found that
when I entered a second Ip address, my linux box wanted to take it over -
i.e. appeared as the IP and name of the windoze box in terminal!!! My linux
mc is 192.168.0.10, and the main windoze one I want to connect to is
192.168.0.1. I'll try to do a similar config in my hosts file and see what
happens.
Heather