my system runs 24/7 right where i leave it.  if i am writing a webpage or
composing email, that is where i leave it.  i usually have 3-5 konqi's
running, kmail, and a couple of kword or abiword, often also opera is
running, and setiathome is always on.

by the way, setiathome is great way to do something while your machine is
not "in use" by you.  if the other distributed computing efforts write some
linux apps you could try them too.

http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

if you are connected to the internet, be sure you have a firewall of
somekind.  i have both a hardware solution in my router and a firewall

On Saturday 09 March 2002 23:23, Greg opened a hailing frequency and
transmitted:

--
"My job is bring comfort to the disturbed, and disturb the comfortable."

shane
http://shentzu.home.mindspring.com/
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98
http://dmoz.org/ cause humans do it better!