Dennis, you gussed it I have many questions, here is the starter:

If I'm to set the NIC IP in the first machine to have 192.168.0.1 address ,
then where does the IP that I'm given by the ISP gonna go ?!?
and I dont have a DSL modem, the building is prewired for DSL, there is a
cable that comes out of the phone jack on the wall, and this cable's other end
goes into my NIC card.

My ISP will win the prize for the "worst tech support ever" and they dont
support WIN$ not to mention linux !!
but here are the settings they gave me to set the DSL connection:
my host name : hanan
domain name:  company.com
gateway : 10.0.0.x
2 DNS IP's :