OK:
Name: Charlie
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Spell checking works in KMail for me. Am I missing something?
<snip from kspell Class Index>

KSpell offers easy access to International ISpell or ASpell (at the user's
option) as well as a spell-checker GUI ("Add", "Replace", etc.).

 You can use KSpell to automatically spell-check an ASCII file as well as to
implement online spell-checking and to spell-check proprietary format and
marked up (e.g. HTML, TeX) documents. The relevant methods for these three
procedures are check(), checkWord(), and checkList(), respectively.

KSpellConfig holds configuration information about KSpell as well as acting
as an options-setting dialog.

 KSpell usually works asynchronously. If you do not need that, you should
simply use KSpell::modalCheck(). It won't return until the passed string is
processed or the spell checking canceled. During modal spell checking your
GUI is still repainted, but the user may only interact with the KSpell
dialog.

See also: KSpell, KSpellConfig
</snip>
On March 12, 2002 08:48 am, Hanan spake thusly:

 starter:

 Name: Hanan
 Country: Fairfax, VA   United States
 IP:  ...... naaaaaaaaah ;-)