System: Mandrake 8.0 running on a Gigabyte GA-71XE4 mobo, Athlon 1.2GHz, 256MB ram
and a 20Gb HDD. Very stable atm :)

I would like to know if there is a PCI card that would enable me to view terestrial
television broadcasts like bbc1, bbc2, bbc4, bbc knowledge, itv1, itv2, channel 4 and
channel 5 using the signal from my ariel?

I'm not interested in satellite or pay-to-view channels, but just the standard channels
and the free digital-via-ariel channels.

It would be great to use the linux box rather than buying a whole new television or
buying
a set-top-box for my old television, allowing me to view true widescreen output on
a crisp monitor display.

Do such cards also offer the possibility to capture programs onto the harddrive
allowing
for saving or just viewing later [digital VCR effectively]?

Teletext would be a bonus, but not essential ;-)

Hope you can help me with this question :)

magnet